Ph.D. University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Racial and ethnic relations
- Racial and ethnic identity
- Social inequality
- Social demography
- SOCI 205 Introduction to Sociology
- SOCI 217 Introduction to Race and Ethnicity
- SOCI 317 Racial and Ethnic Relations
- SOCI 664 Racial and Ethnic Identity and Identification (Graduate level)
- SOCI 685 Master’s Paper Seminar (Graduate level)
Co-organizer of the “Measuring the Diverging Components of Race in a Multiracial America” Conference
Co-director of the Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates program
- Gonlin, Vanessa, Nicole Jones, and Mary E. Campbell. (Accepted November 2018) “On the (Racial) Border: Expressed Race, Reflected Race, and the U.S.-Mexico Border Context.” Sociology of Race and Ethnicity.
- Gardner, Bret J., Jay G. Pedersen, Mary E. Campbell, James C. McClay. (Accepted November 2018) “Incorporating a Location-based Socioeconomic Index into a De-Identified i2b2 Clinical Data Warehouse.” Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association.
- Bratter, Jenifer, Mary E. Campbell and Jarron M. Saint Onge. Available online November 3, 2017. “Living Race Together: The Role of Partner’s Race in Racial/Ethnic Differences in Smoking.” Ethnicity and Health. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13557858.2017.1398316
- Gonlin, Vanessa and Mary E. Campbell. 2017. “Is Blindness Contagious? Examining Racial Attitudes Among People of Color with Close Interracial Relationships.” Sociological Perspectives 60(5): 937-55. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0731121417719698
- Campbell, Mary E., Jenifer L. Bratter, and Wendy D. Roth, co-editors. 2016. Special issue: Measuring the Diverging Components of Race. American Behavioral Scientist 60(4). http://abs.sagepub.com/content/60/4.toc
- Campbell, Mary E. and Molly A. Martin. 2016. “Race, Immigration and Exogamy among the Native Born: Variation across Communities.” Sociology of Race and Ethnicity 2(2):142-61. Available at http://sre.sagepub.com/content/early/2015/08/10/2332649215598786.full.pdf+html
- Brett, Jeremy and Mary E. Campbell. 2016. “Prejudices Unshelved: Variation in Attitudes toward Controversial Public Library Materials in the General Social Survey, 1972-2014.” Public Library Quarterly 35(1):23-36. Available at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01616846.2016.1163961#.VzFCuYQrLIU.
- Campbell, Mary E. and Melissa Herman. 2015. “Both Personal and Public: Measuring Interethnic Marriage Attitudes.” Journal of Social Issues 71(4):712-32. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/josi.12145/epdf