Ph.D. University of Michigan
- Economic Development
- Sociology of the Third World
- Sociology of Brazil
- SOCI 205 Introduction to Sociology
- SOCI 206 Global Social Trends
- SOCI 322 Industrial Sociology
- SOCI 607 Development Sociology (Graduate Level)
- 2012. Employment and Development Under Globalization: State and Economy in Brazil. Basingstoke, U.K., Palgrave Macmillan.
- 2012. ”O’Connorian Models of Peripheral Development – or How Third World States Resist World Systemic Pressures By Cloning the Policies of States in the Core.” Pp. 336-344 in Salvatore Babones and Christopher Chase-Dunn, (eds.), Handbook of World Systems Analysis. New York, Routledge.
- 2000. Race and Gender Discrimination at Work. New York, Westview.
- 1993. When Strikes Make Sense and Why: Lessons From Third Republic French Coal Miners. New York, Plenum.
- 1985. Process of Occupational Sex-typing: Feminization of Clerical Labor in Great Britain. Philadelphia, Temple. (Winner of 1989 American Sociological Association Jessie Barnard Award for Best Book on Gender)