The Department of Sociology at Texas A&M University is dedicated to creating an atmosphere that welcomes, celebrates and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees, including, but not limited to, people of different races, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations. We will pursue this goal by establishing guidelines to recruit and retain diverse faculty members and students. Additionally, we will employ strategies to assist faculty and students facilitate diversity in their classrooms, research, and the workplace.
Important Links Related to Diversity:
- Office of Vice President and Associate Provost for Diversity
- Diversity Committee– College of Liberal Arts
- The Department of Multicultural Services
- Stop Hate: Reporting Hate Crimes
- GLBTA Resource Center
- Department Code of Ethics and Links to Nondiscrimination Policies and Reporting