Director, Texas Federal Statistical Research Data Center
College of Liberal Arts Cornerstone Faculty Fellow
Ph.D. University of Texas
- Racial and Ethnic Relations
- Social Inequality
- Social Demography
- Urban Sociology
- Statistical Methods
- Quantitative Techniques
- SOCI 317 Racial and Ethnic Relations
- SOCI 321 Urban Sociology
- SOCI 420 Advanced Research Methods
- SOCI 601 Urban Sociology (Graduate Level)
- SOCI 620 Social Demography (Graduate Level)
- SOCI 631 Sociological Research Methods (Graduate Level)
- SOCI 647 Demography of Inequality (Graduate Level)
- SOCI 620 Urban and Spatial Demography (Graduate Level)
- Fossett, Mark A. Forthcoming. New Demographic Techniques for Measuring and Investigating Residential Segregation. Springer.
- Fossett, Mark . 2011. “Generative Models of Segregation: Investigating Model‐Generated Patterns of Residential Segregation by Ethnicity and Socioeconomic Status.” Journal of Mathematical Sociology. 35: 114-145 (Special Issue: The Micro-Macro Link).
- Fossett, Mark A. 2006. “Ethnic Preferences, Social Distance Dynamics, and Residential Segregation: Results from Simulation Analyses.” Journal of Mathematical Sociology 30:185-273. (This is a special issue which consists of this article, four comments on the article by other authors, and a rejoinder to these comments).
- Fossett, Mark A. 2005. “Urban and Spatial Demography” chapter in Dudley L. Poston, Jr. and Michael Micklin (eds.)Handbook of Population. Springer.
- Baumle, Amanda, and Mark A. Fossett. 2005. “Statistical Discrimination in Employment: Its Practice, Conceptualization, and Implications for Public Policy. American Behavioral Scientist 48: 1250-1274.