Areas of Interest
- Social stratification and inequality
- Economic sociology
- Racial and ethnic relations
- SOCI 633 Demographic Methods (Graduate Level)
- SOCI 317 Racial and Ethnic Relations
- SOCI 420 Advanced Methods of Social Research
- SOCI 607 Social Stratification (Graduate Level)
- Kim, ChangHwan, Christopher R. Tamborini and Arthur Sakamoto. 2015. “Field of Study in College and Lifetime Earnings in the United States.” Sociology of Education 88:320-339.
- Maia, Alexandre G., Arthur Sakamoto, and Sharron X. Wang. 2015. “The Socioeconomic Attainments of Japanese-Brazilians and Japanese-Americans.” Sociology of Race and Ethnicity 1:547-563.
- Tamborini, Christopher R., ChangHwan Kim and Arthur Sakamoto. 2015. “Education and Lifetime Earnings in the United States.” Demography 52:1383-1407.
- Sakamoto, Arthur, Jason Rarick, Hyeyoung Woo and Sharron Xuanren Wang. 2014. “What Underlies the Great Gatsby Curve? Psychological Micro-Foundations of the ‘Vicious Circle’ of Poverty.” Mind & Society 13:195-211.
- Huyser, Kimberly, Isao Takei and Arthur Sakamoto. 2014. “Demographic Factors Associated with Poverty among American Indians and Alaskan Natives.” Race and Social Problems.6:120-134.
- Sakamoto, Arthur and ChangHwan Kim. 2014. “Bringing Productivity Back In: Rising Inequality and Economic Rents in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector, 1971 to 2001.” The Sociological Quarterly 55:282-314.
- Kim, ChangHwan and Arthur Sakamoto. 2014. “The Earnings of Less Educated Asian American Men: Educational Selectivity and the Model Minority Image.” Social Problems 61:1-22.
- Sasson, Isaac and Arthur Sakamoto. 2014. “Non-Poor Components of Population Growth and Immigration in the U.S., 1990 to 2010.” Social Indicators Research 115:183-201.